NOTE: This also is the Business Rally for the East TN Airstream Club.
NOTE: Schedule of Activities is included as an attachment at the bottom of the web page (revised 3/10/2020).
- Chilhowee RV President Leland Waggoner: Mr. Wagonner will sponsor a Wine and Cheese party and spend a few minutes to give us his thoughts about the industry in general and the changes he sees coming down the road from Airstream. He will bring several new Airstream trailers to display that we can tour. He'll also be camping with us the entire weekend, in an Airstream, of course!
Seminars (Friday and Saturday mornings):
- Traveling with Your Pets: Don Noah, DVM, a member of our East TN Club, will make your more comfortable navigating the "surprises" that might come up as you travel with your pet.
- Tennessee Moonshine Revenuer History: Rick Riddle, owner of the Winery at Seven Springs Farm in Union County, TN, will share stories about his father who was a revenuer back in the day when Junior Johnson was running moonshine.
- Harvest Host Camping Opportunities -- What Is It?: Rick Riddle, owner of the Winery at Seven Springs Farm in Union County, TN will explain the benefits of the Harvest Host Camping Program. His winery is one of the many places where you can camp for free if you are a member.
- Friends-of-the-Smokies: Learn from the experts where to hike and what to see.
- Photography on your Phone: Learn from an expert how to get the best nature shots with your phone.
- FLEA MARKET: Bring your craft/hobby or camping/Airstream stuff to sell.
- Hatfield & McCoys Dinner Theater Friday evening. https://hatfieldmccoydinnerfeud.com/ Extra cost. We will all sit together. then return for a campfire afterwards.
- The Island in Pigeon Forge: https://islandinpigeonforge.com/ FREE. We will all caravan over together and experience the lights and excitement that this World Class resort area has to offer. Ride the ferris wheel, people watch, shop, enjoy the lights
- Catered Dinner Saturday evening.
- Music Entertainment Saturday evening: a local group from Rocky Branch Mountain Music
- Pot Luck Dinner Thursday evening.
- Arts & Crafts Festival -- Speaker Jann Peitso will tell us how to participate.
- Moonshine Tasting - This is REAL moonshine from a local source, not the flavored liquid from the chains.
- BINGO! -- Proceeds will benefit a local charity. Door prizes awarded.
- Breakfast Friday- Music City Airsteam Club
- Sunrise Service Sunday morning - non-denominational.
FREE TIME Day Side Trips:
- American Eagle Foundation: (eagles.org). Just a few miles down the road from our campsite. NOT in the Dollywood Park. For group sizes of less than seven the tour is inside the buildings at the bird cages (THIS IS AWESOME) Larger groups will be presented birds for viewing and demonstration outside the building. The tour and presentation will run about 45 minutes to one hour. There is no admission charge, but a donation of $15 per person is requested.
- Hike in the Smokies. We have several options here and will taylor it to those interested.
- Orvis Flyfishing Lessons - at the Orvis store.
- Guided Flyfishing trip to the Smokies (4 hours - $150 - $300)
- Escape Room: $35
- Hands-On-Gatlinburg: (https://www.gatlinburg.com/event/hands-on-gatlinburg-20/) The 2020 Hands-On Gatlinburg Arts & Crafts Weekend provides arts and crafts lovers the opportunity to own a beautifully crafted piece of artwork made with their very own hands. Sign up for classes (limited seating). Going on the same time we will be camping.
- Wine Fest: May 1 - 2. https://www.gatlinburg.com/event/wine-fest/ at the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg. Enjoy the art gallery and tour the facility while you are there.
4/30/2020 - 5/3/2020 with the individual ability to extend member’s stay up to 2 days before and after at the rally rate.
The Ridge Outdoor Resort | The Ridge
1250 Middle Creek Rd.
Sevierville, TN 37862
Video of the Amenities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYJq-_KQWXM&feature=youtu.be
TWO STEPS TO REGISTER
1. Reserve Your Campsite
2. Complete the Rally Registration Form (link at bottom of the page to .pdf)
RESERVE YOUR CAMPSITE
CAMPSITE FEES & RESERVATION DETAILS
Phone The Ridge to reserve your campsite. Let them know you are with the Airstream Club to get your discounted rate. The rates per night are $49.99 + tax (a savings of $30/night) for camp sites and $90.00 + tax for Tiny Homes.
We will be camping at the deluxe Ridge RV resort with full hookups, level concrete pads, pickeball court, ping pong table, exercise room, playground equipment, pool, and much more! We have set aside 70 sites and 2 tiny homes for those who are no longer trailering. There are also glamping tents available that would be really fun for some families. The facility is brand new and amazing, the location is perfect and the staff is excellent.
The Ridge Outdoor Resort in Sevierville, TN is just 3.5 miles from Dollywood. The most popular national park in the US, the Great Smoky Mountain NP, is only 14 miles away with hiking, biking and fly fishing options. You will be just a couple of miles from the Tanger Outlet shopping mall, go-carts, miniature golf, and endless eating and entertainment options.
Incredibly, although close to everything, we are actually off-the-beaten-path, so don't stress out about the drive there with your trailer as The Ridge is located in a beautiful overlook setting on a bypass road that is away from the congestion typical of any major tourist destination.
Rally fees are $50/adult and $20/children under 13. Separate registration from campsite. There is an opportunity to donate to an amazing charity – Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, details below.
Contact Bruce Jones, the rally host, with any questions, or if not available, Jim Johnson (TN Slim Jim) at 937-677-2344 TNSlimJim@gmail.com. The rally registration form is available for download via a link below.
CHARITY SUPPORT – We will be supporting Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. You will have an opportunity to donate on your rally registration form. Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is a book gifting program that mails free, high-quality books to children from birth until they begin school, no matter their family’s income. More information: https://imaginationlibrary.com/about-us
ALL WBCCI MEMBERS WELCOME!
PARTICIPATING VENDORS: Chilhowee Airstream RV Center