COVID-19 Information

Important Information about Club response to the COVID-19 pandemic below.

April 1st, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT

Mona Heath, International President 

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and the stars in your eyes...see if you can find out what’s over the next hill,  and the next one after that”
                                                                                   -  Wally Byam     

As the world is forcing us to live in a way we are not used to, let us all remember we are in this together.  A lot has changed over the last two weeks, with the COVID-19 pandemic bringing into focus the undeniable priorities of safety, health and love of family & friends. 

Together, the International Board of Trustees (IBT) has continued working diligently, and creatively, on your behalf to ensure that necessary Club business can be conducted as required by our Constitution & By-Laws.    We have a slate of International Officers, along with members of the Nominating Committee, to elect along with key Constitutional Amendments to be voted upon by the delegates from each of our Local Clubs / Units.

Yesterday, March 31, 2020, the IBT voted unanimously to adopt an Emergency Resolution declaring a proclamation of emergency due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).  The 2020 Emergency Resolution, in addition to waiving the requirement for in-person attendance or participation at an International Rally or IBT meeting in lieu of conducting those meetings electronically, also provides for the establishment of an electronic means for the delegate voting process to take place.

With the approval of the 2020 Emergency Resolution and, as outlined in the 2020 Elections FAQ, the following meetings (time tbd) will be held electronically:

June 24, 2020   2019/2020 Executive Committee Meeting &   
                          IBT Seminar/Meeting 
                         *Announcement of Delegates voting for 2020/2021
                          International Officers, Nominating Committee and on
                          Constitutional Amendments
June 26, 2020    2020/2021 International Officer Installation: 
                           Executive Committee Only                                                       
                                  - by Immediate Past President Barry Bell

June 27, 2020    2020/2021 Executive Committee Meeting & IBT

The 2020 Emergency Resolution will be in effect for a period of six (6) months, effective April 1, 2020, and can be found, along with the Elections FAQ; Election Candidates; and Constitutional Amendments 1, 2 & 3; at More details, including election information and voting processes, will be published in the May 2020 Blue Beret.

I would like to offer my very sincere appreciation to Lori Plummer - Corporate Manager, Eric McHenry - International Third VP, Marc Nijdam - Information Technology Standing Committee Chair, Joanne Miller - Parliamentarian and Tom Smithson - Constitution & By-Laws Standing Committee Chair for your unbelievably creative work bringing this body of work to fruition.  I would also like to thank Andy, Tye, Eric, Barry, Vickie, Jim P., Lori, Joanne, Tom, Per, Rich, John, Karen, Bob, Jim J., Don, Mike, Bill, Sharon, Patti and Cecelia for the incredibly productive Zoom video, and phone, conference call yesterday.

To each and every one of our members, please be safe and stay healthy.   

March 23, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT

Mona Heath, International President 

As we continue to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic and its potential impact on our members, the speed and platform(s) with which we communicate are of the utmost priority.  Beginning March 13, a series of email communications to our members, along with leadership conference calls, led to the unanimous decision of the Executive Committee (EC) to cancel the Loveland2020 International Rally.

Region Officers are working with their local clubs in support of the EC recommendation to cancel all planned events for at least the next 60 days, or longer as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).  Currently, seven (7) of our 12 region rallies have been cancelled or have not yet been scheduled, with the remaining five (5) scheduled between mid-July through late-October.

Jay Thompson, International Caravan Standing Committee Chair, is in close contact with Caravan Leaders and posted an update on Facebook last Friday.  Following is an excerpt of that post:  "We are not planning to cancel every national caravan at this time as some are scheduled many months away. We are monitoring the timing and possible effects of government recommendations and directives as well as a safe and common-sense appraisal of travel on the caravan.  "Will it be a safe and fun experience for everyone?"

On a related note, the Governor of the State of Ohio has issued a Stay At Home Order for all non-essential businesses effective 11:59am March 23 through April 6.  The Headquarters team will be in the office today developing a work at home plan and will be working remotely with some services limited or delayed.  Thank you in advance for respecting their workspace today, and patience with any unique challenges they may face while working remotely.

This level of disruption, and the absolute need for caution, is unsurpassed in recent memory; however, it is necessary.  I am absolutely confident that our leaders, at all levels, have the best interest of our members in mind. Furthermore, I am absolutely confident that our 2019-2020 International leadership team has been, and will continue to, put our members’ safety first. 

For ALL Club communications relative to COVID-19 and impact on Club activities, click here  

Wishing you all safe and healthy travels and look forward to seeing you down the road.

Mona Heath, International President
BRN #152


March 23, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT

Lori Plummer, Corporate Manager

HQ will be closed until April 7th due to the stay at home order issued by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine. HQ staff will be working remotely, some services will be limited and or delayed. You are welcome to call and leave a message at 937-596-5211 or email with questions.


March 19, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT

Jay Thompson, National Caravan Chair 

The coronavirus has put the world into new territory regarding interactions with others and travel.  We are not planning to cancel every national caravan at this time as some are scheduled many months away. We are monitoring the timing and possible effects of government recommendations and directives as well as a safe and common-sense appraisal of travel on the caravan.  Will it be a safe and fun experience for everyone?

The leaders of the National Caravans have been in regular contact with those registered on their caravans. To date, the Golden State, Springtime in Kentucky, and Taste of the Blue Ridge caravans have been canceled, The Cajun and Georgia Plantations and More have shortened their caravans and Three Mexican Gems has had some folks leave because of concerns about the virus but is completing the caravan.  Canceled caravans are so indicated on the WBAC website (

If the caravan is canceled, we will return 100 percent of the kitty fee to those registered to go on the caravan. The Caravan Fund will pay for whatever deposits that cannot be recovered.



March 17, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT

Mona Heath, International President 

Hi Everyone,

It’s Mona Heath, your International President.  I’m coming to you from the middle of the Cajun Caravan, having a delightful time with many club members who I’ve met before and who I am just now making friends with.

I wanted to give you an update on the Loveland2020 International Rally.  We’ve had a year of many firsts; the first International President who is a woman several people behind her in line who are creative and imaginative are going to do a beautiful job. We’ve also had a year of firsts as it relates to COVID-19, an aggressive, capricious virus that strikes right at the core of our membership.  There’s been a lot of fear, a lot of anxiety, a lot of concern and a lot of emotion surrounding our club activities during this time.

Effective today, March 16th at 2:16pm (CDST), your Executive Committee voted to cancel the Loveland2020 International Rally. Yet another first, but I’m happy were doing it.  You are who we are working for, and on behalf of, and if cancelling this rally means that we are protecting you, then I’m glad we did that.

We have things we need to still focus on.  We have business that needs to happen according to our Constitution and Bylaws, and over the next week to 10 days, I will be working with our International Board of Trustees, our Parliamentarian, and Constitution and Bylaws Chairman to find alternative ways in this rare scenario to execute club business for delegates’ vote both on Constitutional amendments and to approve the slate of Officers for the 2020-2021 Board of Trustees.  And most importantly, we will find a way to hold the Executive Committee and Board of Trustee meetings that we typically do during the International Rally.  We will find a way to install those incoming new Region Presidents who sit on the Board of Trustees and install your new International Officers as well.

We’re creative people here.  We are adaptive, we don’t let wind/weather stop us as we all know from the caravans from so long ago, and we will get through this one together.  In cancelling the rally, I want to ensure all of you that you will receive a full refund for your registration fee.  You will receive that before April 30th and those of you who have already previously cancelled and were charged a $50.00 administrative fee, we will refund that as well.  (This isn’t an easy conversation here.)  I need to ask a big favor of you.  We have four people at Headquarters. We cannot, please do not inundate them with inquiries about when you will receive your refund.  We promise to get that to you before April 30th and we promise to stay in touch with you as we work through this virus together.  Please, everyone be safe, happy travels, and I look forward to seeing you at a rally down the road.  

Thank you so much for understanding, take care.

Mona Heath

ACI International President

This transcript was approved by President Mona Heath on March 18, 2020

Vickie Courtney, International Recording Secretary



Loveland2020 International Rally Canceled