Here are some Day Trip videos: https://heartlandrvpark.com/play/black-hills-day-trip-videos/
Discover the Charm of Rapid City:
Take a day trip to Rapid City, where history and modern vibes collide. Explore the cityscape, indulge in local delights, and soak in the vibrant atmosphere of this urban gem.
Plan on Participating in a Book Club
Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors.
Rally Fees and Reservation:
- Rally Fees: Range between $255 and $323 per trailer, depending on site size, inclusive of 4 nights at Heartland RV Campground.
- Additional Nights: Extend your adventure by booking additional nights directly with Heartland RV. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-255-5460.
- Spacious Full Hookup Sites: 30 pull-thru sites with 20/30/50 Amp service, ensuring a hassle-free camping experience.
- Enjoy daily breakfast and dinner served at the campground, providing fuel for your exploration.
- Wine Tasting: Indulge in a delightful wine-tasting experience, savoring local flavors in a charming outdoor setting.
- Live Music: Relax and unwind with live music performances, creating the perfect ambiance for your evenings.
- Heated Pool and Hot Tub: Take a dip in the heated pool or soak in the hot tub, offering relaxation after a day of adventure.
- Pickleball Court: Engage in some friendly competition on the pickleball court, adding a sporty touch to your stay
Explore Iconic Landmarks:
- Stand in awe of Mount Rushmore's grandeur and witness the magnificence of the Crazy Horse Memorial, celebrating the rich heritage of the region.
- Wildlife Wonderland at Custer State Park:
- Encounter nature's wonders at Custer State Park, where wildlife roams freely. From herds of bison to elk, the park offers a captivating spectacle of animals in their natural habitat.
- Biking Bliss for All: Whether you're into ebikes, road cycling, or mountain biking, our adventure caters to your passion.
- Water Adventures at Custer State Park Resort: Cool off with water activities at Custer State Park Resort. Glide through tranquil lakes with canoeing, kayaking, and paddleboarding, surrounded by the serenity of nature.
- Reptile Gardens and Badlands Exploration:Uncover the secrets of the reptile kingdom at Reptile Gardens, then venture into the rugged beauty of the Badlands.
- Minuteman Missile National Historic Site is located at what was the Delta-09 Launch Control Facility from 1963 to 1991. During the Cold War, about 150 of these Minuteman Missile launch sites were built across southwestern South Dakota, along with 15 command and control centers to operate them. Each Minuteman missile was capable of delivering a 1.2 megaton warhead up to 6,300 miles (the early ones, the improved ones were good up to 7,500 miles) and landing within half-a-mile of their targets. "Minutemen" came partly from their launch window: from the moment the keys were turned signifying a launch, it took about one-minute for the huge, solid-fueled missiles to clear their silos.
- At the Delta-09 Launch Control Center you can visit with an actual launch control center with all its screens, knobs, meters, switches and rail-mounted Captain's chairs. The missile silo was built to house a Minuteman 1B but that was removed and replaced with a Minuteman II in the early 1970's. In 1991, the United States and the Soviet Union signed the START treaty to reduce their respective nuclear arsenals and that led to the decommissioning of all 150 Minutemen missiles in South Dakota. Still, there are 450 active Minuteman IIs scattered across the Northern Great Plains.