An event for all ages, the festival centers around traditional and contemporary Bluegrass and mountain music; along with clogging and square dancing; art and craft booths; numerous Appalachian demonstrations; and Southern food, such as fried pies and kettle corn.
We have some great campsites at Little river campground.
Little River Campground is across the Little River and behind Tuckaleechee Cabins, near Townsend Tennessee. This campground has very mature trees and is quite peaceful. There are both 50 and 30 amp services to our premium sites. Some of these sites back up to the Little River for your viewing enjoyment. Of course fishing abounds on the Little River, trout being the number one catch.
Little River Campground, formerly Tuckaleechee Campground, is constantly improving. In early 2016 the Fillmore family purchased the campground, updated the 50 amp electric sites, added direct tv and wifi, updated the existing bath house and bathrooms and added the property across the way with a swimming pool and glamping cabins. We are strictly a short term rental campground, servicing tourist and the locals who want to be even closer to the Smokies occasionally. We are located on The Peaceful Side of the Smokys, the side that is known for relaxation, hiking, horseback riding, fishing and photography. We also have a golf course in our little town! Our goal is for our campers to have a great experience while experiencing our Smokies!
Our Campground Has...
- Many mature trees
- Full hook ups with both 30 and 50 amps, water
- Wifi Internet, Direct TV
- Newly remodeled bathhouses
- Small store for necessary rations (s’mores, milk, bread etc.! and coffee on the weekend mornings)
- Fire pits & picnic tables
- Kitchen sink for tent campers to wash dishes
- Glamping Cabins on the river with firepit
- Swimming Pool with deck. No Lifeguard on Duty
- Game Room opens in late July
- Swingset and Slides for children to play on
- Tubing offered on a daily basis for a fee
- Tie dying some weekends
- Rock Painting
- Hayride on Saturday night
- Community firepite with some’mores on
- Large field for play! bring your soccer ball.
- Instruments for jamming welcome
- Souvenir t-shirt coloring available daily