Charming in Chama Rally
NOTE: the pin on the ACI Rally Map is a bit to the east of the actual rally. Use the Google Maps link below for navigational purposes.
Come join us for a rally at Sky Mountain Resort RV Park in Chama, New Mexico. They have set aside 20 sites for our rally that are full hookup sites either back-in or pull-through.
They have an in-floor heated bathhouse (restrooms and showers) and coin-op Maytag laundry facilities for use by RV Resort guests. Pets can enjoy an enclosed grass play area. The resort has a 24 x 40 enclosed clubhouse with seating for 60 and an attached 24 x 40 outdoor patio with seating for 48, stainless steel BBQ grill and large griddle for our group gatherings.
If you’re heading to the International Rally in Rock Springs, Wyoming then Chama could be a great stop on your route there.
- Opens: 25 March 2023, in the morning-ish.
- When: 15-18 June 2023, Thursday to Sunday
- Where: Sky Mountain Resort RV Park in Chama, New Mexico
- Address: 2743 US 84 Chama, NM 87520
- Campground Phone: 575-756-1100
- Rally Fee: $22/person
- Morning coffee and pastries at 8 am Friday and Saturday
- Happy Hour (BYOB) on Friday and Saturday at 5 pm
- Art workshop at 5 pm on Friday as part of Happy Hour
Other Opportunities to Cause Havoc and General Mayhem… err, I mean, what else is there to do?
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad tour: Enjoy a six-hour tour. A buffet lunch is offered at the depot in Oster, CO. If the entire group wanted to do this, they would provide us our own passenger car (coach) which seats 40. The avg price is $100/person, but with 40 we would get a discount. We would have access to the beverage car as well as an open-air observation car in addition to our own coach car.
- Ghost Ranch (Georgia O’Keeffe residence) is approximately 59 miles south. They offer numerous tours and trail rides. Tours range from $25/person to $75/person. The trail rides are 90 mins $130 and a 60 min ride for $95.
- Tierra Wool: Tours are $6.50/person. They take you through the entire process from the type of sheep, the shearing, processing and dying of the wool and finally watching the weavers on the Rio Grande looms.
Complete the rally registration form and submit your rally fee of $22 per person.
Contact the RV Resort via their reservation form and make sure you mention in the Notes field:
- AZ 4CU Airstream Club
- Arrival and Departure dates
- Site Preference (if they have one) we have sites 23-46
Please note that the Resort has a 2 dog maximum per trailer and that noisy dogs, especially those causing disturbances may be asked to leave.