Access to the Registered Attendee Lists for all Events is now only accessible to WBCCI Members through Log-In via the Membership Portal.
Twin Peaks Campground is located in the heart of Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. This landscape reveals a thriving community of plants, animals, and human stories that echo throughout this desert preserve chronicling thousands of years of desert living. A scenic drive, a wilderness hike, or a night of camping will expose you to a living desert that thrives.
This Rally has filled. The Wait List has filled.
Arizona Airstream Club has prepaid and holds the reserved sites for this event. Attendees will be assigned sites approximately one week prior to the event.
Arizona Airstream Club has reserved 20 campsites at Twin Peaks Campground. (This is Dry Camping)(72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,91,92)
Campsite cost for this Rally will be $58.50 (3 nights total)(includes processing fees).
The Rally Fee is being set at $12.00 per person.
The Rally Fee includes 2 breakfast meals (eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, ice cream) and a grab and go Continental breakfast Sunday morning. NO Coffee Service provided, bring your own coffee, plates and utensils).
You will need to provide for your own lunches and dinners (pot luck, grill your own, etc). Campsites have picnic tables and grills.
Evening happy hours and nightly campfire gatherings are encouraged within the limits of the campground. (Ground fires are prohibited. Raised fire-pits (12 inches or more above the ground) are permitted.
You will provide for your own daily events and activities.
Twin Peaks Campground at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument is a remote area where you can enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Sonoran Desert and visit a true international biosphere reserve. It was rated a 5 of 5 stars on the Campendium and the Allstays apps. Many of the sites have cement pads, picnic tables, and raised barbecue grills. The days will be filled with hiking and mountain biking the many trails, or just relaxing by your campground. If you enjoy experiencing the excitement of the natural desert, this place is for you. Of course you can also take a drive into the small town of Ajo and visit the historical museum, play some golf on the community golf course, or grab something to eat at one of the local restaurants. Bring your telescope for viewing the dark night sky. Naturally, we will have plenty of time for happy hours and socializing around the campfire. This is a laid back, dry camping rally at an area that is off the beaten path at a prized national park service area. During the winter, spots fill up fast since it is such a desirable campground. Reserved campsites are limited, so register now for this rally. There will also be a waiting list established after all sites are filled.
Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument exhibits an extraordinary collection of plants and animals of the Sonoran Desert. This is a showcase for creatures who have adapted themselves to the extreme temperatures, intense sunlight, and little rainfall that characterize this Southwest region. Thirty-one species of cactus have mastered the art of living in this place, including the park's namesake and the giant saguaro. Here the life of the Sonoran Desert is protected and allowed to flourish under nearly ideal wilderness conditions. The monument is an outstanding natural preserve where one of the Earth's major ecosystems survives almost unspoiled.
Along with photography and birding, hiking is ideal here. There is a .9 mile perimeter trail around Twin Peaks Campground, and the 1.2 mile Desert View Trail located near the Group camping area. Beyond the campground area there are miles of trails laced around Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, some easy, others more strenuous. Some of the best hiking is off the beaten trails out in the canyons with a map and compass to guide you. Always carry water and snacks, and avoid hiking during the hottest parts of the day. More detailed trail information is available in the park newspaper and in person at the Kris Eggle Visitor Center.
• Twin Peaks offers both group and single campsites.
• Checkout is 11 AM, check-in is after 1 PM.
• Late checkouts will be subject to a fee equal to one night's stay.
• Flush toilets and drinking water are located within the campground.
• Campsites have picnic tables and grills.
• Restrooms have running water and restrooms 1,4 and 5 have solar showers.
• No hookups available for electricity, water or sewer.
• A dump station is located at the southern end of the campground, past the last row of campsites.
• Generators are permitted from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. daily.
• Ground fires are prohibited. Raised fire-pits (12 inches or more above the ground) are permitted.
• Twin Peaks Campground Kiosk hours are 9:30 AM-4:30 PM daily, January-May.
Jerry & Candace Nelson
Cancellations: (AAC Cancellation Policy)
Simple Concept: If your cancellation results in a cost to the club, you will absorb the cost. The club does not plan the rallies and rally fees to make money, nor should the club be expected to lose money.
For this Event, if you need to cancel your attendance do so based on your Registration Option as detailed below.
- Registered Attendees holding an AAC Reserved Campsite: If you decide to cancel your Attendance please cancel by notifying Arizona Airstream Club of your cancellation. Do not attempt to cancel an AAC reserved site with Twin Peaks Campground. Arizona Airstream Club has prepaid and holds the reserved sites for this event. Attendees will be assigned sites approximately one week prior to the event. If you need to cancel your attendance do so directly with Jerry Nelson (AAC Treasurer) (contact form).
- Registered Attendees Option "Personal Reservation - Rally Fee Only": If you decide to cancel your Attendance please cancel by notifying the Twin Peaks Campground (Recreation.gov), then notify Arizona Airstream Club of your cancellation.
Cancelling with AAC does not cancel your Twin Peaks Campground Reservation and you will be subject to their billing and cancellation policies.