BLUE SKIES AND RANGES RALLY
Northeastern New Mexico, USA
NRA Whittington Center
September 22-26, 2022
34025 Highway 64 West
Raton, NM 87740
10 miles S/SW Hwy 64 West
1-800-494-4853 or 575-445-3615
The Vintage Airstream Club has reserved 40 30-amp sites in the East RV Campground and Bathhouse. Cost is $40 per night. You can stay longer if you like. You must call in to reserve your site: 575-445-3615.
Please be advised this is also a shooting range, however, Marijane and I stayed there more than once and could hardly hear a thing. If you’d like to shoot at any of the ranges, rifle or handgun, there is a $30 annual range cost to the NRA Whittington Center.
PS: Sorry no fire pit, fire restrictions in Colfax County, gas fire dancers allowed.
Thursday 9/22, arrival day: 4:30 happy hour at Marijane and Sandylee site, dinner on your own.
Friday 9/23: Coffee and breakfast snacks at Pasquale site. Site seeing on your own or visit the ranges. Happy hour at dining hall with heavy hors d’oeuvres and snacks. Bring your own drinks.
Saturday 9/24: Coffee and breakfast snacks at Pasquale site. Potluck at dining hall.
Sunday 9/25: Coffee and breakfast snacks at Pasquale site. Potluck re-do and more snacks.
Monday 9/26: Coffee and breakfast snacks at Pasquale site. End of rally, c u down the road.
Things to see and do:
- Frank Brownell Museum of the Southwest, on site at Whittington Visitor Center.
- Capulin National Monument with sweeping views of Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Less than an hour drive from Whittington.
- St. James Hotel in nearby Cimarron, NM. See the true old west, bullet holes in the ceiling and walls. Also see The Aztec Grist Mill built in 1862.
- Philmont Scout Ranch, sprawling 137,500 acres and National Museum. Kit Carson Museum at Rayado, founded by Lucien Maxwell in 1848. Seton Memorial Library at Philmont.
- Folsom Museum, Folsom, NM. Learn about the old mining camp once called “Rag City” for all the tents.
- Van Houten Mine and Ghost Town, 1.5 miles from East RV Campground.
- Vietnam Veteran Memorial at Angle Fire, NM.
- Dawson Cemetery, Dawson, NM, abandoned mining town and ghost town.
- Self-guided historic walking tour and museum in Raton, NM.
Rally fees: $20 per Airstream.
Registration here: https://vintageairstreamclub.com/events/
Sandylee and Marijane Pasquale, Hosts