Experience the “Darke Side of the Moon”
in Darke County, Ohio
JOIN US for the 2024 National Eclipse Rally at the Great Darke County Fairgrounds in beautiful Greenville, Ohio, near the Mothership in Jackson Center!
Register now for April 7-11, 2024, and be part of the fun!
On Monday, April 8, Darke County, Ohio, will be in the Path of Totality for the 2024 Eclipse. This rare astronomical event will last for about two and a half hours, with a total eclipse duration of almost four minutes. To make the most of this experience, solar eclipse glasses are included in the Rally Fee.
This National Rally, sponsored by Region 4, will take place from Sunday to Thursday. However, participants can extend their stay by adding camping nights before or after the rally. They can arrive as early as Thursday, April 4, and leave as late as Saturday, April 13. The attendees will have full hookups with water, sewer, and 30-amp electric, and a limited number of 50-amp sites are available.
In addition, coordinating with Airstream, Inc., three different tours will be offered: the Heritage Center, the Motorhome Factory, and the Travel Trailer Factory at the Mothership in Jackson Center, Ohio, on Tuesday or Wednesday.
There is also much to see and do in Greenville, Darke County, and the surrounding areas!
- The City of Greenville will have eclipse-related special events planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (April 5-7). (www.MainStreetGreenville.org)
- Darke County has a wonderful visitor’s guide on its website that includes area dining, entertainment, shopping, activities, a Whiskey Wine and Ale Trail, and county and city green spaces in the area. (www.VisitDarkeCounty.org)
- Bike trails in the area (www.MiamiValleyTrails.org)
- Armstrong Air & Space Museum (www.Armstrong.org)
- National Museum of the United States Air Force (www.NationalMuseum.af.mil)
- On-site, fairground pavilions for small GAMs (Get Acquainted Meetings)
Hosts: Fred and Kathy Kiehl, Mike Pastva and Jill McCauslin