Swiss Festival National Rally
September 21 - September 29, 2024. Located in the rolling green hills of eastern Ohio, deep in the heart of Amish country, this rally offers lots of fun for everyone. The week-long rally includes visits to the annual Swiss Festival in nearby Sugarcreek, Ohio, plus tours to various local sites and our favorite “Day in the Park.”
September 21 - September 29, 2024. Come join us for the annual Swiss Festival National Rally this fall.
Located in the rolling green hills of eastern Ohio, deep in the heart of Amish country, this rally offers lots of fun for everyone. The week-long rally includes visits to the annual Swiss Festival in nearby Sugarcreek, Ohio, plus tours to various local sites and our favorite “Day in the Park.”
What is Amish country? Ohio has the largest Amish population in the nation, and this part of Ohio has the largest Amish community in the state. The Amish take this time of year to share their way of living with us. If you’ve not experienced this before, you’re in for a fascinating week. If you’ve been before, you know what a good time we have.
This family-friendly rally includes a wide variety of tour choices and nightly entertainment, complete with door prizes.
The Day in the Park brings the world of the Amish to us. You don’t have to leave the campground to enjoy aspects of the Amish life. We’ll have homemade Amish baked goods, free horse and buggy rides, and watch Amish make apple butter in a copper kettle. This day also includes the Airstreamers’ Hobby/Craft show, Flea Market, homemade ice cream, fresh popcorn, and a special ham and bean dinner cooked in huge kettles over open fires.
One of the most impressive sights is the six-mule team that pulls a large wagon for hayrides. A favorite among kids and adults alike.
The rally is held at Winklepleck Grove for eight days of fun, fellowship, and excitement. Enjoy an Amish meal at a nearby restaurant or at a local Amish house. The area has many furniture, gift, antique, and craft stores, and, of course, there’s plenty of Amish Swiss cheese to purchase.
Shuttles take you to the Swiss Festival on the Friday and Saturday of the rally. The festival includes many festivities and a parade. Plan on joining the parade with the rally’s float and help win first prize again this year.
Besides touring the Amish sites, feel free to bring your motorcycle, bikes, kayaks, and other outdoor equipment. There are gorgeous backroads guaranteed to give you a fun ride on your motorcycle. There are also some great bike trails and lakes for kayaking in the area.
A golf course is next to our rally site, so it also might be a great time to get in a round of golf.
About the Rally
- Join us at Winklepleck Grove for eight days of fun and fellowship at WBCCI’s oldest National Rally.
- The rally dates are September 21 through September 29, 2024, and the annual Ohio Swiss Festival runs from September 28 to 30.
- We provide water, shared 30 amp electric service, and one pump out, with the option to pay for a second pump out.
- A wide variety of tour choices, nightly entertainment, hospitality (including a special recipe for hot chocolate), and door prizes.
- Pets are welcome. Pet are leashed, and as always, we pick up after them.
- Sugarcreek, Ohio, is in the rolling hills of Tuscarawas County, eight miles west of Dover (I-77) and eighteen miles east of Millersburg (Holmes County) on scenic Route 39.
- Sugarcreek is surrounded by a prosperous farming community, which is largely populated by the Amish.
- Eight Swiss cheese factories can be found in the area. Swiss cheese made around Sugarcreek is recognized worldwide as some of the finest Swiss cheese made.
- The Swiss Festival National Rally is the oldest RV rally in the world and maybe the most enjoyable. The 2024 rally is the 61th year, and we’re still going strong.
2025 Sept 20 - Sept 28
2026 Sept 19 - Sept 27