Our September 2023 rally will be held at Pine Creek Campground in Newfield NY from September 15 - 17. It is situated a little south of and about 1/2 way between Watkins Glen and Ithaca. Some of you will remember visiting the campground some years ago for a Region 2 rally. It's a nice campground in a convenient location for exploring the areas around Seneca and Cayuga lakes.
Pine Creek is holding 10 sites located together until Friday next week. Here is the link to their Campsite Map. The sites they are holding for us are 137, 140, 142, 143, 144, 147, 149, 150, 151.
Please give Pine Creek a call to make your reservation. You can call the main number 607-273-1974 or call Martha directly at 305-438-8823.
The sites reserved for us are full hookup and cost $52/night. [Current or retired military members receive a 10% discount.]. Other sites are available with more amperage, different lengths, and pull-through convenience at varying costs and in other locations within the campground. If you want to stay for extra days, feel free to arrive earlier and/or leave later. If you cancel one week in advance they will refund all but one night's stay. You have to pay the total amount at the time you make the reservation.
We will develop an itinerary in the coming months. But to give you an idea of what we are thinking about:
- We could go for a cheesemaking tour and horseback riding.
- I am familiar with a few wineries in the area and could organize a tour.
- There are all kinds of great places to go for a hike
- We know of good places in the area for food and drink
- I hear that the Tin Can Tourist rally is the same weekend at Sampson State Park. Maybe we could go visit the vintage trailers.
We hope you will join us.