- Todays camping environment requires planning sometimes a year in advance-the explosion of RV sales combined with a shortage of campgrounds - a classic supply and demand scenario - has caused campers to plan their trips early to ensure availability. Since our rally season occurs at peak times in the calendar year- pre-planning is critical.
- Contact the current First VP as they are planning for the following year’s rallies when they assume the presidency.
- Ask other members for advice, assistance, ideas, timing and coordination.
- Check for other events in the regional area to avoid conflicts-dates.
- Decide if the rally will have a special theme or activity.
- Rally locations can be selected in an area that offers several entertainment and sporting events, or at a scenic place with historical or educational significance.
- Size does not matter- small local rallies are very successful. But larger ones might require a small team of helpers to coordinate duties.
Rally Hosting Tips document for download